What is it with me and proclamations?
I have *finally* (kiss of death) decided upon a goal weight.
And because you know I like lists, here is the list of why I’m settling on 170.
- It’s 15 pounds under my 185 “high marker” of edging out of overweight and into obese according to the BMI charts. If I land at 170 and play with 8 pounds, I’m still well under “obese”.
- My doctor recommends 170 for my age.
- It’s probably going to be darn difficult to get lower than 170, and I’m tired of dieting.
- I will surpass 172, which I’m finally going to blog about 172 day after this entry.
- I probably have at least 5 pounds of loose skin on my arms, legs, butt, and abdomen….so my body feels like it’s metabolizing at a lower weight. So if I get to 170 and I have skin reduction surgery, I’m probably really 160-165. Whether I get the reduction surgery remains to be seen (will I really need it? what will my body look like in a year after maintaining? will I be able to afford it?)
- I can always take a break from the diet and resume again if I want to and go lower if I want to.
- I’m happy where I am now, it would just be fun to experience being a little bit smaller.
So there you have it. A real goal to shoot for. Whew!