So yesterday I made it through sugar-free and low-carb and I dropped 4 pounds. Again, I’m planning on doing “traditional Ideal Protein Phase 1” until I hit 190, then I will begin to slowly introduce more carbs/sugars.
Starting now: Run 3 times per week.
Week 1 (this is when I hit 190 in the next week or so)
- Remove all sugary temptations from the house so I can’t binge late at night
- one slice of Ezekiel bread and 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter every day to breakfast in addition to my protein shake
- protein bar (low sugar) on days I run
- 1/4 cup almonds for snack
- protein shakes as needed for lunch/snack
- hard boiled eggs for lunch (2 large)
- lean protein and non-starchy vegetables for dinner
The second week I will add the following:
- one piece of fruit mid-morning or at lunch and one piece of cheese
- add more skim milk to coffee as I wish
- every other day have a “good starch” such as a sweet potato, or a wheat “flat” bun with a hamburger
- once a week have a frozen yogurt or ice cream treat, but ensuring I’m with someone so I can’t sneak anything more
- an alcoholic beverage whenever (I hardly drink, so it won’t be an issue monitoring this)
Maintain week 3 for a while until I lose whatever weight I want and figure out if this will work for maintenance. I’ve always reserved the right to switch lunch with dinner, so if I have lunch plans, I’ll switch it around. Or….I can have lean protein and non-starchy vegetables at both lunch and dinner occasionally.
I think this will work.