My weight is still fluctuating a ton because:
- I have the fitbit aria scale, and it updates my weight every time I get on it, which is once a day usually.
- I’ve had a bad cold for 2 weeks now, and while I’m at the end of it, I’m still having to suck on the sugar-free lozenges (I ate probably 15 last night getting through a movie in a movie theater and also preparing to fall asleep). I have yet to find a sugar-free alternative (in the common stores) that does NOT have aspartame. And this seems to be playing with me and stalling just like in December when I was chewing sugar-free gum like a mad-woman.
- After 7 months on IP and after losing 100 pounds I’m rather tired of eating like a pauper when I go out for a meal with friends. I will admit that last night I had the following: 5 sweet potato tater tots, 1/2 slice of dark pumpernickel bread with a teaspoon of butter, green beans with butter, broccoli, and greek-style half a chicken not always avoiding the skin. On days where I know I’m going to “cheat” like that I don’t have my 3rd product (the restricted product) and also don’t have the 2 tsp of oil. THIS IS NOT FOLLOWING PROTOCOL AND I AM NOT SANCTIONING THIS, because it’s obviously not working for me…..but I figure the “damage” could be worse.
- I have one more “holiday” to get through, and that is my birthday on January 14th. I am going to talk with my coach regarding what I can do on that day, because I would like piece of cake on my darn birthday.
- I’m starting to feel like I need a bit of a break from Phase 1, and I will discuss this with my coach. Even a complete stranger last night recognized I was eating low-carb last night and said I looked beautiful (stunning, she said) and did not need to worry about losing more weight. OK, OK, this was a waitress (and yes, she got a good tip), but it felt very genuine. That, and many people in my life are telling me I look great and don’t need to lose more weight.
- That said, I want to be a “safe” distance under 200. But I’m toying with the idea of stopping hard-core phase 1 at 180 instead of 160, and getting to 160 in a slower way.
So this is what has been in my head for the last several days.
202 and change this morning, btw. Whatevs.