Well, this week, after not cheating one bit, I actually gained .2 according to my coach’s scale. My weight loss has really stalled over the last 3 weeks. The only thing that was different was the introduction of Walden Farms (a no carb/no sugar/no calorie product line) into my diet.
On a typical day I was having the following:
- 1 packet of splenda in my coffee in the morning.
- 2 tiny sticks of sugar-free gum (at most), split in half to make 4 tiny pieces throughout the day
- 1/2 packet of splenda in an Ideal Protein recipe of salad dressing
- 1 to 2 Walden Farms products, following the service size, and only 1 serving.
So my coach and I determined it was simply too much artificial sweetener. So now I’m on a self-imposed “no artificial sweetener” ban.
Interestingly enough, other than the stalled weight loss, I was suspecting something was going on because of the following:
- I was having headaches. I had maybe 3 in the first 9 weeks on protocol, and all of a sudden 3 in a week.
- Instead of maybe only eating one stick of gum split in half, I was definitely eating 2, and really wanted more.
- I was simply hungrier.
So I’m hoping with this ban I will kick-start my weight loss again, not feel so hungry, and have far fewer headaches.